Community sustainability begins with sound planning, which happens when we understand the relationships between overlapping systems, from hydrological to financial systems and road networks to interpersonal networks. We carefully inventory existing conditions, analyze alternatives, and assess their feasibility. The foundation of our municipal planning process is a solid understanding that making good choices for the future means stopping to understand all the variables.
Our context‐sensitive approach helps to preserve and enhance scenic, aesthetic, historic, communal, and environmental resources, while improving safety, mobility, and infrastructure conditions. The professional planning staff at Barton & Loguidice are skilled at building public support and consensus because they engage the public and give them the opportunity to be part of the planning process. This is often the key to moving public projects forward.
B&L staff includes several American Institute of Certified Planners (AICPs) who are well versed in the most effective land use and planning methods. As a full-service consulting firm, B&L also has experienced engineers and environmental scientists who support our planning projects with their comprehensive knowledge and expertise. Our full-service approach is the prime reason B&L represents hundreds of communities as their designated consultant, and provides municipal planning services to many others.
- Active transportation planning
- Brownfield Opportunity Area (BOA) plans
- Building code assistance
- Community design guidelines
- Complete streets planning
- Comprehensive planning
- Designated engineering services for planning and zoning boards
- Downtown revitalization plans
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Grant assistance and public funding procurement
- Hazard mitigation studies
- Land use planning
- Parks and recreation master planning
- Permitting and approvals
- Public outreach
- SEQR and environmental process compliance
- Site plan and subdivision plan reviews
- Special district formation
- Sustainability and resiliency
- Trail master plans and feasibility studies
- Zoning and form-based codes
For more information on our Community Planning services, contact John Donohue, Sr. Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Donald Fletcher, Senior Vice President, at email@example.com.